10 Things Moms Can Do From Home to Start Profiting Online After Losing Their Job
10 Things Moms Can Do From Home after Losing Their Jobs
I have been in communication lately with LOTS of moms who were working day jobs and lost their jobs due to company budget cuts, layoffs, resignation, or just life period. It gets in the way.
So as you know, in my eyes, now this would be a perfect time to launch their own gig. Whether it’s full time part time, or any time they feel like, thanks to the good ole’ internet which makes profiting online from home or on the side very much possible.
…with so much info out here online moms can and will get overloaded, lost, overwhelmed, and moms will not even know where to start successfully. So I tried to make this list as easy to follow as possible to follow and take action.
So here are 10 things women working by day and moms can do from home (to start profiting online) after losing their full time job
1. Blog – Why not start a blog? You can blog about anything!!! There are no rules to blogging. Blog about your experiences, businesses, lifestyle, hobbies, interest, or even blog about your passion.
Once you have at least 20-30 pieces of content successfully setup on your blog then you can apply for Google AdSense and monetize your blog to start generating revenue from Google. This will at first, start off with just pennies. But the more you blog, the more your earnings will increase significantly. Bottom line is that if you have something to say…? Then get a blog!
Many opportunities will open up for you (once you start blogging for profits). You can sell advertising space on your site, monetize, affiliate marketing (read more below about this), and so much more.
2. Affiliate Marketing – You can also use your blog and generate passive income streams. Monetize your blog with affiliate links and offers. I am sure there are tons of products and services you can honestly recommend as well as share with others to give a try? What better way to let others know about your experience by sharing it and using your affiliate link (so you can gain credit) for the referral / sales or purchase? Affiliate marketing I must admit is one of my favorites by far.
I continue to get paid passive income all from affiliate marketing. I love this because I do not have to chase friends and family members, I don’t have to do hotel meetings, no cold calling, no recruiting, and best I don’t have to do any home parties. I mean, I am a busy maama’bear of two and wife. WHO GOT TIME FOR THAT??? LOL
I use my blog, affiliates, and I am able to generate passive income from the internet. GREAT way for moms to start part time and it’s very lucrative too. HOWEVER!!! There is a method and strategy behind this. Yah gotta do this right! Otherwise you’ll be slaving away not making a dime. This will equal burnouts and overwhelm if it’s not done correctly.
Side note: You will want to make sure first you’re using the right website platform BEFORE you attempt to monetize anything. Or even getting approve with any affiliate networks. Make sure you own your site (meaning you’re using a self hosted platform).
3. Virtual Assistant (VA) – what can you do right now to assist someone else in business? Can you take phone calls? Set appointments? Handle scheduling task inside calendars? Sounds pretty simple right? Well believe me it is.
Become a virtual assistant and start helping others who are in need of what you have to offer. Be sure to do lots of homework and tons of research on what you will need to do to get your VA businesses up and going successful online.
You can learn more about Lisa’s course. She makes $45 hourly working as a VA from home.
4. Social Media Management (or Social Media Manager): Few years ago I was a full time social media manager and I managed over 14 clients all from across the world. These clients were from UK, USA, Kenya, and Australia. There are lots of online and offline businesses that needs help with their online presence and managing their social media profiles.
How to become one? First it starts with research. Set up a blog, and start providing massive value within the social media world. Sharing tips, tools, and tactics. Bottom line you will want to position yourself as that go to expert / authority figure in this niche and filed.
5. Open an Online Fashion Boutique Store – You can either launch your own store or join one through direct sales. Lately I have been seeing lots of direct sales opening up FREE options to start and build your own online (fashion/clothing) store. Ranging from clothing, jewelry, handbags, or even home accessories boutique. You can make commission anywhere from 20% etc.
My primary business is World of Little Fashion. It’s a clothing line for little people — adult women with dwarfism. I use Shopify and it’s just best to use a Ecommerce shopping cart which helps scale up your store much better than using a WordPress.org site. (But if your business is outside of retail then yes roll with WordPress.org a self-hosted platform).
When I first had my boutique store I started to promote it online using Social Media. Had outstanding success with my online store. So this can be a super cool start that moms can do from home when it comes to profiting online quickly. Not to mention, extremely fun too. Learn how you can start and grow your own successful online store in this up coming FREE training!
6. Join Direct Sales – This is somewhat like affiliate marketing but the difference with direct sales is that you will have to pay up front first and or join a team to start promoting products and related services. Build a team (MLM).
There are tons of FREE companies moms can do from home to start profiting in partnering with and some moms will have to pay a start up fee for a package in order to join and get started. Over at The Work At Home Woman has a GREAT list and resource to view on the free direct sales companies to start out with.
7. Drop shipping – I do drop shipping every single morning. And I have a daily goal of only listing 10 items tops. Once I make a sale from eBay then I quickly head over to the company where the product is being sold from and get the item dropped shipped. A lot of online businesses is offering this. Even Walmart, Amazon, and Target, offer drop shipping on their site and this is just to name a few.
Did you know that eBay has been around doing extremely well since 1995? There is a reason for this! You can sell almost anything on eBay as long as it’s legit. I have sold TONS of stuff on eBay such as toys, clothing, machines, and I do drop shipping with eBay as well. Sky is truly the limit.
I learned how to drop ship using ecommerce sites though by taking a program called ‘Drop Shipping Lifestyle’ taught by Anton. Moms can open their own online boutique store and drop ship this way as well. Drop shipping allows you the ability to sell items without having to stock inventory at all. Just copy and paste from once resource to the next. Start generating profits right inside your bank accounts =)
8. eBooks: Selling eBooks is such a super fun and rewarding experiece for me. Lots of people think you have to write your own eBooks then learn how to sell them. Oh no! Again, thanks to the world wide web the possibilities of selling eBooks are endless.
(Here’s my secret. I don’t write any of my eBooks. I get them already writen for me. I purchase them from a PLR store, tweak it a bit to fit my brand, then I sell them online using clickbank. Perfectly legal).
Because the eBooks are coming from a PLR store which stands for Private Label Rights where you have the “right” to purchase licensed products and resell them at any cost. And this is the same thing I learned here form the humble single mom who’s made more than $268k on Clickbank, in just a few short years.
Her name is Karon. She’s the author of Ebook Self-Publishing Secrets. Showing how moms can make $3k-$5k extra monthly working from home just selling eBooks.
9. Fiverr – If you have absolutely any types of special skill or talent you can set up your account on Fiverr for $5.00. I personally use Fiverr every single month to outsource various projects for my online world (websites, graphics, fixing my site, and the list goes on). Just imagine, you and your own skill on Fiverr too? Open up a gig and start making money online ASAP with Fiverr.
10. West At Home – If you are wanting to work from home as a part time employee? West At Home is a customer service from home call center where reps are taking inbound calls. Gotta have a land line, internet, and headset to start taking calls. You can set your schedule and shifts. I did this job a few years ago shortly after having my first daughter.
Lots of info here! I encourage you to save or bookmark this post and use as your reference guide later.
These things I have listed here is what I have personally done myself, still do, and currently generate passive income from the internet. So if you have any questions, fire away!
Do you work from home? Can you share some ways on what moms can do from home to start profiting online as well? Just please comment below… Would LOVE to know!
To your online success,
P.S. If you enjoyed this info please share these resources using the social sharing icons below with anyone you believe can benefit from this. Together we call can truly make a difference.